ASA 21km Championships, Port Elizabeth 2019
The ASA 21km Championships in PE (Port Elizabeth) are upon us. Once again SA’s best Half Marathon athletes will be in battle to be crowned the 2019 SA Champion. This event will once again serve as the SA Championships as well as the CAA Southern Region Championships.
Majority of the athletes are already in PE with the rest arriving today for what will be an intense battle. 2018 Men’s race gave us one of the fastest race we had seen in many years with 4 South African men going under 62 minutes. The ladies race also had it’s fair share of surprises with Janet Mbhele giving a breakthrough performance to take victory.
Here’s a look at the podium finishers from the 2018 Championships:
Top 5 Men
1. Stephen Mokoka (AGN) 1:01:44
2. Elroy Gelant (ACNW) 1:01:48
3. Gladwin Mzazi (CGA) 1:01:49
4. Pheeha Mokgobu (CGA) 1:01:50
5. Thabang Mosiako (ACNW) 1:01:59
Top 5 Women
1. Janet Mbhele (KZNA) 1:13:07
2. Lebogang Phalula (CGA) 1:15:31
3. Christine Kalmer (CGA) 1:15:34
4. Cornelia Joubert 30 CGA 1:16:06
5. Zintle Xiniwe (WPA) 1:16:54
Who will be crowned Half Marathon Queen and King in 2019?
Written by Themba Madima